PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits need to be bigger on Miller
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Re: Outfits need to be bigger on Miller

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
An outfit that fields only one platoon is not that big. I would say it's about medium sized. Really big outfits field 4-5 platoons at the same time.

This numbers should be taken with a bit of salt. Active members counts every one that just logged in for 1 minutes once that month to those that play 16+ hours a day. If you look at my outfit the Outcasters you can see we have around 100 members online every month, but we are almost never more then 24 members online at the same time.

And if you ask me casual players does not count for more then cannon fodder. They are not online enough to make an impact on the day to day war effort going on in game. IE you will never notice they are there...
American Big = 3+ Platoons
Miller Big = 1 Platoon.

It's the curse of all those veterans playing.
On there other Euro servers there probably are a couple of outfits that have reached a large size however on Miller a lot of outfits probably feel that they aren't willing to give up their name or PS1 identity.

Hence we have allies. Lets us be part of something much bigger and keep our roots.

As for the numbers. I know - stats are able to prove anything.
But when you start looking at 10000 players I think the sample size is enough that average and trend is relevant.

So roughly the same number of characters - but the TR get played a lot more.