Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Generator

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I have a better idea: you understand that you dont need LOLXP for every damn thing you do, including breathing, and learn that keeping the gen alive is more important than farming 950325 kills and 2389075628965 bep.

Because i really love to see you BEP and killwhores being punished for your stupidity every damn time. Keep farming the guys while i kill your gen, im happy with that.
But any massive game that requires teamwork will always have an element of herding cats.

The idea, then, is to make it so the cats will want to do productive things. Sure *I* have no problem defending a quiet base. But my squad might. And defending something alone is so boring and unproductive that even I can't stomach it.

It also, however, doesn't reward the commander who can actually convince a squad of people to defend before the enemy zerg arrives for doing so. I think we can agree that it's (potentially) a productive use of his time and leadership, but his chance of ever getting recognized for it is zero, while platoons of uncoordinated, leaderless people are pumping CEP into 3 guys just for following the zerg around.

Last edited by kaffis; 2011-02-23 at 02:20 PM.