PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Alternative capture model - the reverse LLU.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Alternative capture model - the reverse LLU.

I'd like to see a reverse LLU type capture with objects that appear within the contested base and are related to base functioning.

So you would have several objects spawned upon the initiation of the hack. These objects can be plugged into the CC (if such a thing still exists) which will cut down on the time capture the facility, while at the same time denying a capability of the base to the defenders.

Alternatively, you could take the scale to be a bit more on the macro side and have multiple LLU's spawn in the outlying hexes. If those LLU's are capped those hexes will flip once the base cap goes through. Active LLU hex defenders would be credited for a defense on all related hex defenses, attackers get base cap XP from all related hex captures.

This would focus combat onto this facility above and beyond normal bases where only one hex is at stake. I'd really like to see a wide variety of capture mechanics though.