PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

I can't help but feel that E-Sports nothing more than dollars and man hours thrown at a niche of the gaming world that majority of gamers couldn't really give a shit about. It makes me sad that time will be taken away from actual Planetside 2 game development for this. If SOE wants to sub contract a marketing company to handle E-Sports, that's fine, because they would have to meet their metrics and make it work within the frame work of the game itself. But spending man hours on it, for the five or six new players it might bring to the game, it's a complete waste.

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
I dont see how WOW areana affected the core game. I didnt do much arena, but I didnt give a crap that others were into it.
The sad reality that Blizzard constantly screwed up how classes functioned in PvE and normal PvP for the sake of making them work better in arenas is what pissed off most WoW players about E-Sports in WoW. It's not treated like a second game and it has had a negative impact on game as a result. Want details? Google it.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2012-08-11 at 01:09 PM.