PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Community Clash Recording and Feedback

Great feedback Robo! Many of those items we are already working on.

Originally Posted by Desy View Post
Community marketing was very limited
I'm curious what you meant by this, because we had some pretty significant advertisement of this stream. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, PSU, Official Retweets etc.. not sure what more we could do.

Excellent feedback overall though thank you! 99% of what you mentioned is answered with one thing: It's a community event for fun. We never intend to have money on the line. And the answer is the same for video production quality - it's a community driven event we are literally learning as we stream. Most of the participants simply don't have the time to go on for extensive pre-prep.

I do have a ton of notes from the production piece though and I definitely seek to improve that. We also have some better graphics on the way to bring more details to the viewers. I cropped in the map mid way through the show because I saw it requested and wanted feedback on it.

I am never.. EVER.. installing virtual audio cables The software actually manages audio well. The loops were because Deringer forgot to mute his speakers and we were getting his voice back. The reason I missed that was due to another issue with my sound board, I should have that rectified for the next showing.

Last but not least we are going to move away from "Talking Head" video, aka Skype and Webcam video for the next show. It added to many variables and kept breaking anyway, Skype video quality was crap and I'd rather focus on bringing game footage to the viewer.

I agree on most of the observer cam stuff except the zoom - I think it's a really neat feature we could use effectively.

The observer Bandwidth issues should be resolved next week - issues were not on my end but on the small server we were using for private cam feeds.

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-08-22 at 09:10 AM.