PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Impending Magrider Nerf.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mordelicius
Major

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Anyone else feel this is just another example of people who do not play the game enough? There's more Liberators in the air then there are MBT's on the ground and they want to nerf the Magrider? I'd love to see ratios, since the HE nerf, of kills to MBT spawn for each faction. You want to nerf something then fix the NC MAX, but my guess is that won't happen since Higby plays NC.

You want to know why it's outperforming Higby? It's because it's the only unique vehicle in the entire game. Go ahead and nerf it's agility, in the meantime give it a gun turret that's half as good as the Vanguard or Prowler. The Magrider has agility because you gave it a turret that doesn't shoot half as vertical as the Prowler or Vanguard and it cannot move horizontal at all. Give it two shots like the Prowler or an invulnerability shield like the Vanguard. If you nerf the agility of the Magrider it'll be completely useless. It's already the worst tank 1 on 1 with any weapon setup. You guys are big on statistics and data comparison, please show us the numbers you're looking at to justify the Magrider nerf.

Fix the Vanguard acceleration, don't change a vehicle that is overused because it's unique. The Prowler is more than fine as it is, it can run circles around a Magrider faster than the Magrider can spin to keep hitting it.
Are you seriously in denial about the Magrider's overpowered-ness?

The problem with the Magrider is they can easily evade incoming shots with their ability to move in any direction. They are strong in any range, especially long ones.

In long ranged fights, especially when it can position itself in normally inaccessible areas, they are nigh invincible. The only normal counter would be to use air. And even with that I've seen magriders easily evade point-blank air attacks ( I say 'see' because I never use air units).

Hence, the magriders chew everything on the ground long range while dance about and hide on top the hill easily evading every ground counters like nothing.

The strafe speed should be a quarter of what it is now. Strafing gives magriders extreme survivability. They evade rockets and base turret projectiles like nothing.

Also increase the damage dropoff. A super accurate tank that can glide and camp in all terrain should have disadvantages.

All in all, it's pointless fighting Magriders if it can't be hit and because of it can kill faster than it can be killed. This is like a Vanguard having a 2 minute invulnerability with 1 minute cooldown.