PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Generator
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Re: Generator

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
I have been thinking lately how to generator drops a more interesting tactic and less of a fast I-WIN-button tactic.

What if...
When you destroy the generator, the base will switch to emergency power power. This will prevent the base the base from shutting down completely, but only for a short amount of time, like 5 minutes. (this of course can be tested in beta)...

Drats, some one already posted pretty much the exact same idea that I've been walking around with in my head today at work.

The only difference to the idea I had spinning in my head today was, that I was thinking about actually adding a 2nd backup generator or UPS room.

One close to or under the spawning room, that would be much easier to defend, preventing it from getting destroyed as well.

This backup emergency generator (UPS) would only be supplying power to the spawning room and equipment terminals in that room, all other base device and defense would be powerless.

When the generator now goes down in planetside, it's very rarely that the base defenders recover from it and most of the time the battle is lost.

With this backup generator having only a limited supply of power, defenders need to shift defense in to offense to re-secure the generator room and repair it, this shift in defense/offense might be just enough for the enemy to push through to the CC.