PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Harasser Mk 2
Thread: Harasser Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Harasser Mk 2

So, I've been playing a bit of PS1 recently, and I've found myself using the Harasser quite often. Not for its accomplished combat capabilities of course, but for a different reason:
It's fast, it can carry REXOs, and most of all it has a nice big cargo compartment.
I used it mostly to CE some crossroads/chokepoints far off any equipment terminal (I think it can carry more than one full RX inventory load worth of ACEs), and it was really convenient.

Now, to do that kind of stuff in PS2 I'd have to pull a Sunderer or even a Galaxy with custom spawn tubes, which would be a waste of resources IMO. With buggies being planned post-launch it would be great to have an additional common-pool 'utility' vehicle added alongside the ES combat buggies.

So I propose the Harrasser Mk 2:

Type: Buggy

Seats: 2-3 (Driver, Gunner, possibly passenger)

Hitpoints: twice the ATV hitpoints possibly?

Speed: 70-75 kph

Armament: 1 MG or GB640 Grenade Launcher (same weapons that go on the ATV or Sunderer)

Additionally or alternatively to the gun it should be able to carry an infantry ammo supply station.

Some other equipment that could replace the ammo station:
Radar (air/ground)
IFF Jammer

This would be a fast, but fragile combat taxi with either a gun to scare away aircraft/infantry or some utility value.

Just a little bit of brainstorming on my side. What do you guys think?