PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Dev Roundtable with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Dev Roundtable with Matt Higby Recording

In regards to the last question, regarding vehicle upgrades(and infantry, for that matter).

I think it would be very beneficial to be able to combine two upgrades, rather than just one.

With two, you get far more permutations for customization. Using the vehicle defenses example, for instance..

-Top armor
-Side armor
-Rear armor
-Smoke(eventually)

Thats 4. So you can swap between four possibilities here.

If you can pick 2, however, there are 6 different combinations. If there were 5 options, there are 10 combinations. With 6 options, you get 15 combinations, etc, etc. Each new addition adds a ton of new possibilities and playstyles.

This makes the vehicles much more customizable, and it also allows players to be... faithful, i suppose, to a particularly favored customization without feeling like they can never pick another.

Cloakers for instance, have the singular camo that allows them to stay permanently cloaked without the sniper rifle. Which is going to be a very popular one. It completely changes the class up. But that also means that people playing that style of cloaker will rarely be able to enjoy some of the others.

I don't think you should be able to wear ALL of the upgrades at once, but using two should make for much, much more diversity in builds.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-09-10 at 07:25 AM.