PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Squad Beacon March 2nd Recording
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: Squad Beacon March 2nd Recording

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Not really a balanced panel, that's unfortunate. At times I got the feeling I was watching a PS1 insider show. There must be sure outfit leaders out there who are new to the game.
People suggest features they've seen used successfully in games they've played before. Many successful outfit leaders came from PS1 and have years of experience there. We had several such outfit leaders on the AGN this time.

I'd think that even if you had an outfit leader that made his/her outfit shine solely in PS2, never having played PS1, that player would still suggest features from other games he/she has played, whether that's Battlefield, Call of Duty, Quake, Unreal Tournament, or a anything else. Such is experience. If we see something that we think might work, we'll call it out. Anyone is going to do this.

So you're going to have a few things pop up:

1) Suggestion from PS1

2) Suggestion from any other FPS (or in some cases other genres) on the market

3) Suggestion from a player that hasn't played any other FPS but then therefore doesn't know if what he's suggesting is already in another game

4) Suggestion from a player that has extended FPS experience from several games including PS1/PS2 and makes what he thinks/hopes is an original suggestion (but may end up not being one). Or, that player, having played different FPSes, makes a knowledgeable suggestion to implement a feature he/she has seen in one of the other FPSes he/she has experience with. Back to square one.