PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Re: De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Easy tune... who overclocks with software?

This crap isnt on my rig and nor is the AI suit (Sabertooth mobo)... still having issues.

You may have a point here, Sturmhardt. 3930k @ 4.6Ghz and GTX 580 @ 920Mhz
People can use tools like AI Suite and Easy Tune for things other than overclocking. AI Suite II has a nice fan controller program in it, for example.

There appear to be a variety (or combination) of things that can trigger or worsen the symptoms (yes, Intel speed stepping is possibly one of them). They also appear to vary from rig to rig. For example, some people think that overclocking is a problem and others think overclocking is a solution. My reading of the issue is that a consistent, fixed overclock with stable timing is probably not a problem.

However, I'm very hesitant to say too much regarding any one player's particular situation. I kinda miss the bad old days when the BIOS was one screen.

Finally, people like you, Sturmhardt, may just be occasionally running across other players who are desyncing. That's the bitch of it for us and SOE trying to isolate the problem. Personally, I think I've got mine whipped, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally go on some wild, warping rides in other peoples' vehicles sometimes, have infrequent hit registration problems or get into those ridiculous gunfights where both players kill each other within a few seconds.