PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-12, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Smed
CEO Sony Online

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Did anyone else not notice this? I mean, I read it when I first replied, but I don't think it quite sunk in, because I felt bad that the one thing I wrote here that Smed replied to was something (unintentionally) negative.

Is this for reals, Smed or are you pulling our legs? Not sure what to think, because the timing seems reasonable, despite that being the day after the end of the world. I was always a little too gullible when growing up, so yeah...
Just a joke.

Originally Posted by Bittermen View Post
I seem to be hooked on Tribes and Day Z twitch casts... The Tribes casts made me a better player and the Day Z casts made me buy the mod.

This is going to be big. I like the idea of watching a massive battle unfold from different angles on twitch. Especially like the one I was involved in today.
same on buying the mod. That has a lot of promise. I'm a big Zombie / Vampire / end of the world by plague guy

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
In general, if we have to vote with our pocketbooks, it means that it's already too late - by the time it's time to spend money, you're locked into whatever feature is in question. It's better to focus on the feedback part you were talking about to avoid the voting with your pocketbook part.

To that end, a lot of the "disappointment" over e-sports is the tinfoil-hat argument "community splitting", people think that because you do something that provides options like that, the main servers won't be populated. If you can smite those people with arguments that show they're wrong, the way will be clear. Let it fester(by ignoring such concerns), however, and it will plague you until the product itself proves them wrong, but that will leave a bad impression from now until whenever that is.
understood. the point I was trying to make earlier was we're talking about ideas that may or may not go into a video game. It's just a discussion. Nothing imminent was happening. I was merely throwing ideas out. I feel like people need to embrace that kind of discussion as merely a hypothetical and contribute ideas and/or blow the ideas apart because they suck. Or insert snarky comments. any of which are good by me.