PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
outsider
Private

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Well patch #2 seems like a pretty bland name. I suggest we call it "Let's go farm at the Crown!".

The Crown is bad enough in draining people away from the continent fight, with the xp changes there is even more reason to stay and fight at the Crown, and more reason to abandon any outfit manoeuvre's that involve leaving that $%&^hole.

What I'm not seeing in this patch is any vision or synergy with meta concerns. I don't really see any chance of balancing attack and defense with the same cert gain system. I thought we wanted this game to be FTP so that the subscribers weren't playing on empty servers and that we had a constant influx of non paying players to fill up the ranks.

Well they're going to go to the crown with this patch, meaning the subscribers are going to end up playing on empty servers unless they go play on a COD size map and attack/defend the Crown.

If we want people to leave that place than defense xp changes cannot be applied there. there are already too many incentives to stay as it is.

I know Smed is releasing the 6 month plan next week, but without it, these patch notes have no meaning other than a list of grips that once fixed won't increase player satisfaction.

It doesn't matter that the reload rate is for HE weapons, or the fact that we get a tunnel from A to B or the spawn rooms have a balconny or that a player is invulnerable to x seconds after a res. All of that is just playing with your doodle until bases and outposts have a higher purpose for fighting over than +x cert gain/hour.

Until then: " Let's go farm at the Crown!"