PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Next Galaxy
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-16, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY am I gonna fucking enjoy this.

I never said jack or shit about animations. Stick to the fucking topic at hand, Einstein.

I never said anything about countermeasures. I said the C130 and the C5 do not have guns.

Hi. Son I'm gonna let you in on a little fact that just about everyone else here knows. I spent ten years in the US Army and another year as a private contractor. In that time, I rode on C5s, C17s, and C130s. Now, like I said above, I never once mentioned anything about countermeasures. As a matter of fact, the C130 has a set of flares. My strongest memory of this particular fact was flying into Sarajevo when you were probably about eleven years old, and the crew chief made a big show of explaining why he was removing the big red ribbon and cotter pin against the bulkhead at the front of the cargo area where we all sat, explaining that if we were targeted by SAMs that pulling this pin meant the flares were active. So, care to reassess the situation a little, sparky? You just stepped into a big pile of stupid and it's seeping into your Crocs.

The AC130 and the C130 are two separate aircrafts. The "A" in AC130 is what differentiates between a gunship and a C130 cargo aircraft. Normally I wouldn't quibble, but this is what you specifically said:

So, at first I was tempted to intuit that you actually meant the AC-130 but then you went and mouth-breathed, and tacked on the "cargo" and "cargo aircraft". Now since you presumed to lecture me on various military points, let me clue you in a little bit. Just about NO ONE in the military that I've ever met uses the term "C130" or "C130 cargo" to refer to an AC130 gunship. Why? Because as I said before, they are two separate aircraft with two very separate roles. One is unarmed and usually carries CARGO. Or people. Or people and cargo. Usually as in, on occasion it's been u sed to drop daisy-cutters, etc. The other is very well-armed and carries exactly two things: crew and bullets. It is not a cargo aircraft.

Have a nice day.
You really missed my point, I was not saying the AC-130 was the same for the A means attack and gives it a different role then the troop transport what I was saying is being this is a video game and there for not restricted by the things reality is and also suppose to be like 1000 years in the future or something, there is no reason it can't look better and out perform a modern aircraft in every way. And the quick comment on animation was for the guys post above you.

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Look up the term "science fiction".

Why do some people think that knowing anything about the military has anything to do with a science fiction game.

GAME.
Science fiction is often future fact, watch a 1960's episode of star trek and then
understand that is in year 2200s. Look around you we are right on track.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2011-02-16 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts