PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
Tycho
Private

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

I dont think that a couple of guys should be able to set up multiple forward bases. Just like one guy couldnt set up multiple AMS's in the original Planetside. There needs to be an owner for that vehicle even in a deployed state. An AMS driver couldnt go deploy an AMS and then go pull a tank without the AMS deconstructing.

I dont think this removes sandbox play. I think it encourages teamwork and strategy. If you want multiple forward bases then multiple people will need to set them up. These battles are supposed to be huge with 100s if not 1000s of players. I dont think this is limiting. If you dont want to dedicate your resources to deploying a forward base then another squad will.

If we use the OP example, one Galaxy, one Sundy, one Liberator. Then as engineer enhances the defences. Thats four people out of a squad of ten. These four could then crew vehicles for others in their squad. I dont see how this is limiting. How many vehicles do you think one person should be able to pull? How does this remove sandbox play?