PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Some Info about Items from the Shop
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Some Info about Items from the Shop

Originally Posted by Tasorin View Post

For clarification does this mean while we can earn resources in game for capture and control, some of those items the resources unlock for use can only be obtained through purchase in the "cash store"? I personally hope that if this is a true statement and some "Power adding items" will only be available via R/L cash purchase that SOE can avoid the slippery slope of this being the 800lb Gorilla we have been talking about and Higby has professed won't be a "Pay for Power" scenario.

I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one and wait to see what actually transpires in beta before I really pass much more judgement on this issue.
i saaume it will be like in star trek online. there will be an ingame store. and all the sidegrades, etc. will be handled in this store. you can get power items only by paying with ingame ressources, sidegrades for ingame ressources or station cash, and cosmetics only with ststion cash.

there will be no other ingame window where you only use ressources as a seperate system

in the gdc footage is a view of this store. although it´s filled with placeholder weapons of all factions in this video, you can clearly see that each item has 2 pricetacks. so one will represent ingame ressources, and the other price is the cash alternative

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-04-11 at 02:01 PM.