PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is the NC MAX ever going to get a ranged weapon?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dagron
Captain

Re: Is the NC MAX ever going to get a ranged weapon?

Originally Posted by Zerikin Loukbel View Post
(...) they seem insistent that everything NC needs to be a shotgun, drives me nuts.
Yeah, one thing is to compensate for our weapons being the hardest hitting by giving them flaws, but making them the slowest, least accurate, with a tiny clip AND really short effective range is a little over the top... having the same flaws in every weapon for a faction severely limits their playstyle options. Particularly the NC one: we get a close quarters AI weapon, which every other faction also gets by unlocking the flame thrower.

I understand that some weapons are more symbolic for some factions, but why couldn't there be slightly different versions of the same weapons for all factions instead of only the iconic ones? MAXes suffer the most in this aspect... why not give the VS MAX a laser scatter gun with reduced damage per shot and increased range for example, or the NC MAX a slow firing but stronger hitting machine gun (not necessarily a rotating one like a heavy cycler)? Each faction's most representative weapon would still be the top choice in that weapon type (NC shotgun would be the hardest hitting of the hard hitting weapons, TR cycler would be the fastest of the fast weapons, etc), but playstyle-wise all factions would get more options.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-10-30 at 12:19 PM.