PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Re: Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Most modern shooters are glorified Team Deathmatches.

Yes, but why should you be able to resupply yourself without having to move anywhere, whilst in enemy territory, surrounded by an enemy force several times yours? Surely there should be some 'difficulty' modifier in where and what you attempt to do rather than oh-you're-behind-enemy-lines-the-hold-timer-is-15-minutes-instead-of-5.

Being able to resupply yourself anytime/anywhere effectively makes where you fight irrelevent, be it 5 regions behind enemy lines or right outside your safe zone.
but if the amount of packs you have is limited, or you can only drop one every X minutes would mean that the placement of that ammopack is important to, since if you drop the pack behind some cover you are about to lose then the pack is wasted.
it all depends on the way they implement the ammo packs, since i think that the idea that ammo packs are bad period is silly, they should just be a little creative with it and make it fit into the planetside universe

i think that taking ammo from enemys is more out of place then an ammo pack since ammo is different for different guns, so picking up some ammo for your smg from a vanu soldier wielding a lasher is just ridiculous.
so if i would want some smg ammo i would need to look for the dude with the smg and try to shoot him or run between random bodies hoping one of them was using the ammo i need.
this would still enforce suiciding for more ammo and suiciding for ammo is a design flaw if you ask me

Last edited by megamold; 2012-03-09 at 05:03 AM.