PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

Re: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
I like the cut of your jib.

tl;dr: All that was fixed.

tl: Caves were opened to all players and multiple events occurred in them. While less frequent that surface fights cave fights did regularly occur. The caves also offered a totally unique set of areas that some people really liked (just like some people like Cery which actually has fewer fights than the caves).

MAXs became effective when they nerfed the deci hot swap. They are legitimate threats again. The corner camping with AV is really only a problem in towers. In base fights it doesn't really matter. Recently (inside the last 2 years) there's been a change in the meta game so that 3rd person camping isn't as prevalent as most people carry grenades now for clearing corners.

You sound a lot like others that left right after BFRs were introduced. That BFRs are the children of the devil tends to be the common belief. Thing is that they've been nerfed to the point that they're arguably under powered.
"The implementation of BFRs was terrible but they could have been cool."
Yep Captain is right AND people seem to forget that Core Combat came before Aftershock (cough BFRs), so the caves were cool before there were BFRs and then they created a stigma against caving because no one wanted anyone to get their imprint!

I love the caves, here is something I put together for the devs to take a gander at..... I think its nice

http://imgur.com/a/iBpRc#0

I am excited about PS2 whether there are caves or not. Obviously if I could have them it would both be a blessing and a curse because I would never see the light of day. From what I have seen so far some hills, canyons, trees, and facilities I can tell that if they really put their mind to it and made some caves they would be 100 times better than what we know today.

TLDR: I love caves, give me some caves. Please.