PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Not having played Planetside 1, I'm struggling just a tiny bit to get this all down in my head (because it's not live yet and I love trying things for myself). I'll throw in a short question once in a while.

So basically, a player with non-full personal resources enters a friendly territory. The territory starts to refill the personal resources (at what radius? Anywhere in the "territory"?). This resource refill taxes the base's power level. The more people with non-full resource stock, the faster the base loses power. (When power reaches Zero, no resource refills? Any other deficits? Changes to spawning timer? Spawning disabled?)

To refill base resources, enough non-full people must leave so that the base recovers; or someone brings in an ANT that carries base power (how much? How long can it hold onto the power? How long will it take for the power to be transferred? I personally see the ANT as a spare capacitor holding 50-100% of the base's power, to be transferred over to the base at a slow, steady rate when required).

One request: I want there to be a personal resource replenishment toggle. If I've just pulled a vehicle or used lots of consumables, and I'm in a base that's under assault and missing an ANT, I'd rather not make the situation any worse, and NOT replenish my personal resources there. In PS1 everything (including spawning) drained base power... this is not the case here, since we have a personal resource stock instead. I'd love to be able to manage it more, if I understand the current planned system correctly.