PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Taking Damage In Spawn Room
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-02, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RageTell
Private

Angry Taking Damage In Spawn Room

Im not sure if this is the right area for this post, so if it isnt then hopefully a mod will move it.

Anyways, today on Indar VS was defending a tower against TR. We were way outnumbered and they had a dozen vehicles outside. Lots of people where dying as TR pushed its way into the tower and set up camp directly outside the spawn room. All is ordinary at this point and I am simply trying to get as many kills as possible before they cap the tower. And this is where things got wierd (and stayed wierd for the remainder of my play session, until I eventually rage quit). So, im standing in the spawn room, near the equipment terminal (no where near a shield/doorway) when I sundenly start taking little dings of damage. Kind of like one or two bullets would hit me every 5 seconds. It wasnt enough to kill me but it was still very strange. Then out of nowhere (remember, I am in the middle of the tower spawn room at this time, I am not playing chicken in the door ways or shield) I start taking explosive damage, and it kills me within seconds! Someone revives me shortly after and I accept the revive, assuming the damage taken was some kind of server lag thing. So I am up and in the same spot, safely looking at switching to my max when I take a few more dings of bullet type damage. So I pulled my max and make my way for A, hopeful to get a few kills and leave. On my way to the doorway/spawn room shield I get killed my an engineers turret! I get revived, and now im freaking out so i franticly make my way back to the equipment terminal and decide to just redeploy and leave cause this is wierd. So I press delete and start the redeploy timer. 10, 9, 8, 7.....DING! redeploy canceled! I started taking damage again (thankfully I have an engi on me repairing me from this random damage). So now I am attempting to re deploy and it is continuously getting canceled and Im getting repaired and shit is just wierd! I even got a PM from the engi repairing me went something like "you are taking damage from nowhere". So I said F it! and just didnt accept the revive upon my next death. I died 4 or 5 times in that tower and none of those deaths were outside the spawn room.

I know that was a long post but this really upset me. I left the tower and went to find another fight elsewhere.

So I respawn at a nearby base and the same thing starts happening. Needless to say, it didnt take long for me to rage quit.

Has anything like this happened to you guys before??? I play on Connery and this was happening around 5:30 PST on Indar.