PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Chinese Interview with John Smedley
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-08, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: Chinese Interview with John Smedley

Originally Posted by Smed View Post
Here's where I think we can make it work.

1) Gun X has 100 damage with a 1 second reload time with a range of 200 yards. It is sold for 1000 Station Cash. This is currently in the store only

2) At the same time Gun Y has 80 damage with a 1.25 second reload time and a range of 150 yards. This is currently in the game only and is a rare drop (yes you read that part right). It is NOT available in the store.

3) 2 weeks later we switch them up. We are constantly rotating. a month after release we make sure everything ends up in the drop rotation

Please let me make sure I'm clear here - this is just an idea. we are having some epic debates about this stuff in house. It's a lot of fun to debate actually because we make games for a living but we also play everything out there.

Also add color to the mix of the above and some colors we keep store only.

Also most cosmetic stuff we keep store only.

At no point are we selling power here. We're selling variety. Specifically what we would like to do is to sell you viable alternatives to stuff you get in game. If you're a range sniper maybe we have something special for you in the store. If you're a damage sniper maybe there's a drop in game right now.

You get the picture I hope.

We are never selling "Supergun X that has better everything". That's not going to happen. There will be a level playing field at all times.
Who will be "dropping" these guns?

I hope it's not aliens....