PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My New System Final Specs
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-15, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vitter
Sergeant

Go with this hard drive instead:

Seagate 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

Same capacity, faster seek time, and it's Seagate (awesome reliability). I have the SATA one in my PC and will soon be getting another for a RAID array, i am that happy with it. Price is like 2-3 dollars more or less expencive depending on whether you want the SATA or IDE.

The RAM you selected is ok, i guess. I don't like the 2.5 timing, and I shudder to think what the other timings are. For $50 more you can get this:

OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Dual Channel Kits 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

Timings of 2-3-2-6 which is fuking sweet. OCZ is very affordable for the quality you get, especially compared to Corsair or Corsair XMS. Go to your MB's website and check compatability. OCZ is compatable with almost everything. Very rarely does a MB manufacturer say they are compatable with Corsair (i don't think Asus has ANY MB's compatable with Corsair), it's a gamble buying it.

Just so you know, I have the DDR500 PC4000 of that same stuff. Gaming with it is as close to godlike as you can get. One of my best purchases - buying from OCZ.

The video card you've got is ok. I like ATI alot. Depending on your financial situation I would suggest either upgrading to a 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro (perhaps from Saphire, i hear their good). Or waiting for the new stuff from ATI and Nvidia to drop in price, considering they are a HUGE jump in technology.