PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Next Galaxy
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-16, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #248
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
So APB had voice activation like that as someone mentioned. Now, it was somewhat interesting but I dont think it fits in PS. It certainly had downsides, like when I heard the guy acting like a gangster setting up his character.. and a dad explaining to his son (kid had to have been 8 or younger) the best way to gang bang.

It had it's upside when Jen and I were owning this chick doing a mission and everytime we killed her she would swear and wonder how the fuck we killed her

Again it's neat, but I dont think it helps immersion at all it's just.. odd.

And back on the Galaxy discussion - that would be interesting if the Galaxy doubled as a Lodestar this time around.
Yeh you're right. In APB voice-chat was either: Some random dude talking to his family not realizing his mic was one
OR: Swearing cause they lost
OR: Me on a french server taunting the frenchies when i busted em "Tu est arresté! MON DIEU MON DIEU SACRE BLEU!" it worked quite well

In the end if voice chat in-game isn't made as convenient to use and of the same quality as teamspeak/ventrilo there is not much point to it since most people will use these commercial options anyway. Waste of bandwidth/development time

Last edited by I SandRock; 2011-02-16 at 04:05 AM.