PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits and you in PS2.
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Piper
First Sergeant

Outfits and you in PS2.

Bit of a dual purpose thread I guess.

First, a chance for old PS1'ers to describe, lament or wax lyrical about some of their former outfits and why they were the right (or wrong) fit for them as an individual.

Secondly a chance for me to have a crack at describing the kinds of outfits that existed in PS1 and are likely to exist in PS2 for those that haven't been in PS1, especially in its heyday. Now you might be an old hand at all things MMO' and therefore think Outfits are just like guilds in MMOrpG's or clans in small scale map based FPS's. While that's mostly true there are some oddities that make them stand apart I guess.

So...er...

1/ The Zerg-fit.

My first outfit was a Zergfit I guess, that is to say it was interested in being BIG and unwieldy as a result. To be fair at least the Outfit leader did actually send me a /tell asking if I'd like in, upto till that point I'd had nothing but blind spam invites.

The Zergfit isn't very organised, focused or likely to demand much from you. Teamspeak, if it exists will be very optional as will grouping with outfit mates. Chances are next to no one actually knows each other prior to being in it. Like random footzerging? Join a Zergfit today!

2/ The Ego-fit.

PS1, on Werner, had a few Egofit's that I remember. None of them looked that appealing to be in. Characteristics of one will be that it might well be named after the leaders character in some respect. It's likely to be very top down, with pretensions of quasi-military organization. In fact, think cult. Got a masochistic itch you just can't scratch? Egofit is for you!

3/ The Friend-fit.

The Friendfit will have a core of a few folks who actually know each other in the flesh, they tend to be small and rarely add new people to their ranks. Because of their small size they tend to be highly organised yet relaxed at the same time. My third and final outfit was a friendfit, and I enjoyed my time in it immensely.

4/ The "Elite"-fit.

The word "Elite" just rubs me up the wrong way. But my second outfit was sort of along those lines, but it had the good taste to be a bit more modest really. I ended up in it because I found myself always in the same place at the same time on the map as them, doing re-secures and opening up fresh cont's. Organised, but more open and without the Egofit top down structure. Teamspeak and squad play very much non optional. Some of my best gaming memories of PS1, in terms of organisation and general kicking of buttocks, were from this outfit.

5/ The No-fit.

The unwashed masses almost made an outfit of their own in PS1. Between /b (what looks like /yell in PS2) and those that got their command ranks up from random squad leading. If you just don't give a rats arse about an outfit, with 666 people per cont' at any given time on your side but not on Teamspeak you can still have a social enough game I bet.

Did I miss any?

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-04 at 05:01 PM.