PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the purpose in this game?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I think it won't be the same at all, but I guess we'll see if something else replaces it. I just can't see it feeling like a win if they still have spawn points and a place to pull vehicles on the continent, because as soon as you leave or move to fight the third empire on the other side of the cont the one you 'locked out' will be right back taking territory.

It's basically setting up a permanent stalemate between 3 sides, while the front lines may shift a little each day the battle on a continent will never end. I guess this is by design since we're only starting with 3 conts, but it might get tiring after a while. I hope they reconsider once we have a few more conts in the game.
I definitely tend to agree with you, and I did really enjoy the continent capping system from Planetside. I think the main issue is that we don't want to work for days or weeks to finally cap a continent, and see it suddenly taken back all in a matter of hours.

At the very least, I'd like to see the losing empire have some incentive to leave and go elsewhere rather than just waiting for the attackers to dissipate.

Last edited by headcrab13; 2012-05-03 at 04:39 AM.