PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13

I think it might be a good idea to clear up any confusion that might have been caused by the fragmented replies about the Magrider's mobility post-patch.

-Firstly, SOE made a mistake with the patch notes and included the moblity changes thay they had promised would be held off for now.
The following line has been removed from the actual patch notes on the official forum. So don't worry about it.

"The hover length bonus (how high it floats above the ground) obtained from the rival and racer chassis has been removed. It still retains its hover power bonus (how springy the hover mechanic is, more power adds stability)."

-Secondly, this doesn't mean that they have not made changes. The following line was taken from the patch notes on the official forum. It represents the only thing that they have changed when it comes to the Magrider's mobility, not so much a nerf as a fix.

"Made adjustments to the Magrider so that combining strafe and forward velocity no longer provides an advantage to hill climbing"

-Thirdly, SOE overdid it by mistake. Players have complained about the Magrider being very slow when strafing. This is a bug, confirmed by Higby in the previously mentioned twitter messages. This will be fixed.

-To recap: The only intentional change that has been made to the Magrider is the removal of the ability to increase its climbing speed by going forward while also strafing. Any other change to its mobility was unintentional and will be fixed.

Hopefully this will clear things up for anyone who's scratching their head.
If anyone has any further information to add I will be happy to integrate it into the post.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-02-03 at 07:54 AM.