PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - This isn't really a gaming topic but...
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-01, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Re: This isn't really a gaming topic but...

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
What's the diff from an elite vs. a regular anyways? I just saw a price on one at BestBuy.com for $299...
Red ring of death mainly. But I'd imagine they'd put in some (slightly) better hardware. There's probably a bigger difference on the xbox slim since it seems to have stopped on that (consoles don't have good cooling >_>). Also, just because the price is that low NOW doesn't mean it was before. Especially with the xbox one out.

Also, Halo Reach lagged on the other consoles before elite and slim came out (and even then, I don't think it stopped completely on the Elite).

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
So games like PS2 wouldn't be offered as free to the console gamers?
Question. Have you heard of a free console game? (that's worth playing)

Now if you get only a few console games and stick to one console, then sure, it'll be cheaper. But the simple fact of the matter is that PC's have more free content (larger multiplayer and mods) and last longer. Console gamers HAVE to buy games to play... Well... Anything really. And then ditch what console they had to buy a new one instead of replacing a part or two as you can in a pc.

Pretty much drifted off topic though. The main point I'm trying to make is that PC's handle games better and have better hardware (as long as they're built to do so). And looking at the xbox one, it's going to struggle along. But of course, Microsoft are bound to release new consoles that "not everyone will get". How silly of me.

Done with the pc vs console war. Much more of this and it'll turn into a spam thread.

Edit: Decided to get back more on topic. The 360 had 4 gig ram (more then what my now kaput pc had. Which was one). Compare that to the 8 gig in the xbox one to the 16 gig in the pc I'm soon to be getting (8's average) compared to the fact that the most dedicated pc gamers will have 32 and... Yea...

So to answer the question, the xbox one is average and will soon become "shit" as the person that made this thread puts it.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-06-01 at 05:12 PM.