PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits need to be bigger on Miller
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Baptist
Private

Re: Outfits need to be bigger on Miller

When Consortium runs Op’s we split the guys into different channels, each squad having its own, Squad leaders and PL in command channel, I’ve always enjoyed this aspect of the game, I don’t know you can call me anal, but I like the whole militaristic voice comms procedure that then has to follow this segregation of the Outfit.

The PL gives almost all Orders through a set procedure that’s verified by the SL and passed down, there are problems with this system to be sure, you can’t have everything your own way, Two squads can be standing beside each other in game and not communicate, because inter squad communication goes SLto SL, Prox chat cuts through this to an extent, still a problem.

Squad leaders have to have a tight control on their squad, if not the comms will be filled with chatter about donkeys and goldfish, with the possibility of orders being missed, because I get my guys to roger everything I say, It means I have to repeat myself, If I have to a third time I lose the head, Stress!

A Gobal channel is needed for the PL, to give orders so that all members can hear the PL, this is used for redeploy’s or if I wanna say well done Conz you beat back FU! 

Loss of Community, that I don’t know about, with a 12 man channel system a certain amount of banter can be tolerated during Op’s but if I had my 36 – 48 guys in one channel, I’d be screaming Comms clear every time I wanted to talk, so it’s all about size, that’s not to say we never sit in the one channel, we do when not in op’s just talking about crap, you can’t run full tilt all the time, no one can, it is a game after all, so I feel there is a happy balance here between the two.