PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PAX Future of Online Games Panel
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: PAX Future of Online Games Panel

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Planetside 2 on the other hand is just one MMOFPS of a few that are coming out...Firefall especially looks promising (albeit targeting a fairly different audience). As far as a purely PvP MMOFPS, PS2 should be unrivaled, but then I'm not sure how much room there is for multiple games like that. Planetside 2 will hopefully be a part of the future of gaming, but I'm not sure the future of gaming should consist more of Planetside 2 than GW2.
At a bare minimum I'd like to see a modern themed MMOFPS and also a replacement for WW2OL, as WW2OL is too slow and mil sim.

A LOT of people over Mordor do not take interest in Planetside 2 because of the future theme. Now, a lot of times people say, so what, 300 people on a forum don't mean anything. But lack of interest in a theme is not the same as if we were talking about some casualization feature. If that many guys on one forum don't like future shooters, I'm betting the same goes for a lot of folks out there. So there's almost certainly room for a modern theme MMOFPS. And WW2, considering how low pop WW2OL is due to the gameplay. It's not that the map is THAT big, I mean, I'd shrink it to about 60% of what it is, but it's also the fact that you can't jump in and out of vehicles, and other slownesses.