PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Since Snipers are Cloaks then OSOK Headshots is a must sniper cert
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Since Snipers are Cloaks then OSOK Headshots is a must sniper cert

Was that English?
Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
If cloak are like in planetside 1 where they day with 1 shot of a sniper....Then I think a sniper rifle should have a cert to perform OSOK headshots to regular troops(except maxes and perhaps rexo).
Reworded:
"If cloakers in Planetside 2 are like Planetside 1 where they can be one-hit sniped anywhere, then the sniper rifle needs a cert to one-hit regular troops."
I don't see why you said the first part at all. What does a cloaker in Planetside 2 being one-hit by a sniper have to do with its balance toward other classes?

Basically you're just arguing to gimp the sniper as much as possible so that they can one-hit other troops. Even if you made the sniper rifle a 1 hour cooldown between shots you'd still have a gun that essentially allows you to one-hit a soldier without them reacting. The whole idea with sniping is you have range. You can hit them and they can't hit you. That means your penalty should be a slower TTK. You can't have a slower TTK if you suddenly allow a player to one-hit other players. It's completely unacceptable, and I don't say this often, but unbalanceable.

This is also ignoring the concept that sniper rifles are empire specific and each behaves differently. You can't have a TR sniper that has a faster fire rate one-hitting since statistically it would favor them. What you'd need is a totally separate NS sniper.