View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
How?

It will not change vanilla at all.

And it would pull more players in to the game. How do you think all these Outfits will practice Planetside 2? Mo' players. Better game.
The issue will be if a separate planet side is basically made that ends up drawing more people to it instead of the big battlefields they're supposed to be crowding.

If they add streaming and voice broadcast support so that streamers can showcase some famous outfits assault on a base known to be held by an enemy factions famous outfit...

then I'm all for that.

That's just free publicity for the real game.

And yes, randoms will enter the territory who just want to get in on the stream, and some will probably try and troll... but there will supposedly be moderators in game to help control true trolling (a really bad pilot I don't think needs moderation... just instruction and told to go practice where it's safe lol). and likely accounts that have a history of trolling will be banned. Sure, they may be free, but it will take cert points and resources to get the best stuff to troll with....

The more I think about segmenting planetside continents to showcase a quick battle the sicker I feel. It just doesn't feel right.

Stream support, yes, but nothing that compromises what makes planetside, planetside.