PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Customization Woes
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Customization Woes

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Paying for camo for the terrain of your choice is not the same as purchasing the BFG that also releases auto repair nanos.

For this logic are you saying that all camo should be free? I'm telling you that I wouldn't mind that at all either, but SOE has to sell something in the cash shop and if it's not camo or outlandish, then what is it?

Thinking like a dev, I know camo can give some advantages in blending in, but it's cooler (to some) than the regular ES specific armor. Not too much of an advantage, but people buy it and the game gets funded, SOE makes money, the team gets a raise... Etc.
What's wrong with that? Pay the $2.50 or whatever if you are so concerned. The rest of the game is FTP.
Turning off the ability for skins purchased? I don't see that happening in this business model. You will be ignored because it doesn't make sense to shoot yourself in the foot.
This is free to play brothers, on the flip side nothing is really ever free. So you will see everything we have posted about before this and much more. Enjoy the combat, the great camaraderie that is sure to come, but please dont get too irritated about the skins. The skins are going to pay for this experience. If you want pure planetside, there are still PS1 servers working. Buy a subscription and play some pure planetside