PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Noxxia
ReachCast Show

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

So, a lot of the feedback is being addressed and are problems we know about. Personally, I appreciate the feedback regardless. I'll address the rules, given that I am the one primarily responsible for coming up with them, though they are approved by the other hosts.

between round timer
This was the first thing we discussed, especially considering that we are considering increasing the round timer for 3 point bases. I like the idea of deringer and myself getting the hard spawn sunderer set up, this can indeed help a lot. There will be some rule updates coming this week regarding this issue.

on the spot rule changes
Rules were approved and decided on beforehand, but we had some technical difficulties with the server for Cairn, where the team that owned the base could not spawn there. I submitted a bug report myself, as should everyone else. That required some ad-hoc rule adjustments. As far as hard spawn and mobile sunderer start locations in this regard, to the fault of us not pushing for base selection sooner, we weren't able to decide on some of this stuff pre-match. I believe from now on we will be deciding on the bases and will be releasing screenshots so each team can see where they need to be before the event even starts. Our rules do state that depending on the base location, we may allow or disallow various vehicle types, such as air. With host selection of bases, we can also clarify base specific rules pre-match. This is something that without a symmetrical world has to be up in the air, simply because we do not want one team to have an advantage over another based on location. All rules have been made, we were announcing the rules to the viewers so they knew, and just clarifying with the outfits since nothing is well established at this point. You can find rules here for now: http://www.reachcastshow.com/agnrcccrules

starting distance and location
So, starting location needs to be solidified simply from a fairness standpoint. distance is tricky and can be base dependent as well. Ideally, on multi point bases I would like the attackers to be able to secure a point before the defenders can arrive, or at least arrive at the same time. I feel like this makes things a bit more interesting. It was a totally different story with the last base (name forgotten) because the points were so close. I didn't know which base was the second one until the first half was over...this was our fault. WIthout diving too deep into tactics, it creates a predictable first attack, and if outfits want to be tricky, they could bypass that obvious choice in hopes that the other points aren't very well defended. at the same time, this does make defending harder. There are no boundaries on where outfits can drive their vehicles either. If they want to turn the sundies around and delay and attack from multiple fronts or the "back" of a base, that's totally fine. Driving head on, is simply a choice. This is part of the evolution of competative planetside though. It doesn't exist, so tactics as a whole will be fairly simple and primitive (not to the fault of teams, it's a part of trial and error. head first collision is generally the first tactic attempted). Sometimes terrain plays a factor into this as well, and I think we could have just picked a better location for the second half simply on the rounds that mountains blocked the possible movement around the base and created a chute.

if the outfits are ok with this, we can experiment with starting distances trying to find a good balance between excitement vs. making things too easy or too hard for the teams. What i want to avoid is situations where the defense has too much time to set up, and it becomes virtually impossible to take. but just know, what the other team gets, you will too. We did increase the distance this time compared to the previous encounters in such a way that the hard spawn and starting locations were different. I personally really liked how it went, but obviously there are base specific problems.

Grief
We have a solution in the works.