PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
atomos
Private

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

I think having a mobile vehicle spawn point is too big an advantage as it reduces the value of having a base with a vehicle terminal in the first place. If there was a mechanic like the the previous NTUs system so that the vehicle terminal needed replenishing after a vehicle spawn then I think it could be balanced. I think the function of the galaxy being the new AMS makes perfect sense because once the players have been dropped off you can do something useful with the galaxy and go join the battle. The way I see it is the deployed galaxy is a temporary spawn point which is armoured and has turrets used to reinforce a base assault, it should definitely should not have the advantage of spawning MAXes and I think it would be a fair limitation that you cannot then spawn another vehicle without the galaxy deconstructing. What I would like to see is that you can choose someone to take ownership of your vehicle when you log off provided they have the correct certs. What if they made it so that some areas require the deployment of a Galaxy to capture or speed up the capture of a facility like Kurtz was saying with WW2online? I think that would be a good game mechanic because then you are forced to defend the Galaxy.