PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
It's very simple. I don't put lifestyle expenses on credit. Also, I enjoy image quality (it's why I look to push resolution -- it looks better), and a big part of that is color fidelity, gamut, and brilliance. IPS trumps TN for that. Could I drop $450 on a few decent TN monitors tomorrow? Yes. But then, I'd just be looking to replace them as soon as I saved up to drop $1200 on IPS. So I'll just save up to drop the money on the good stuff in the first place.

The other advantage to IPS monitors? They won't look like crap if I decide to put them in a portrait-orientation multi-monitor setup. You know, as would be the smart decision if the devs agree with me on whether or not enabling large FOV is a smart move for the game's overall health.
oh I know the benefit of ips monitors I have some myself. bought them about a year ago. Im all for people using them, but I wouldnt choose to not use one because other people cannot afford to buy them. I also didnt feel bad when I was one of hte first people I knew to pick up a widescreen lcd even though others told me that it was an unfair advantage and many games at the time didnt support widescreen resolutions. The trick is for devs and gamers to get with the times and not drag everyone down to the lowest common denominators level in an effort to force "fairness". Imagine if gamer developers never embraced widescreen... I can pull up old forums from years ago where people had heated debates over it.

at the end of the day it makes for a more immersive gameplay experience which is what I am after. Why punish those with money now (and not this fall) who are willing to spend it on tech that is not only supported by the 2 major gpu manufacturers today but touted by both as a selling point?