PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tug-o-War Territory Capture Model
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Tug-o-War Territory Capture Model

Very well thought out and put together. I say this as if I had half an idea of what you said, but I understood enough to know I like it.

I just don't like the potential for dragging combat out, and it seems like it still suffers the same flaws that old PS1 had. Namely the primary target of any combat will be the spawn tubes/barracks. I prefer shorter combat situations to longer ones, having to fight tooth and nail for every one of those little hexes seems... tedious. On the other hand, useless waiting around for a hack to go through and make the take over official was another very tedious activity.

Basically, cutting the enemies ability to put up resistance will always be the primary goal for taking a base, and this action is what typically ended the fight long before the CC was ever captured, be it spawn room or generators. The same general problem can occur here as it did in PS1, while at the same time it strongly discourages black ops and other actions that relied heavily on having bases linked together via choke points. However these problems are no more solved by the race system that the DEVs proposed then by the tug-of-war.

All in all I like your idea better.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-04-11 at 07:48 PM.