PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I'm an original PS player from 2003, left just before core expansion- talk to me
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-22, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: I'm an original PS player from 2003, left just before core expansion- talk to me

Originally Posted by kabooky View Post
So, I played this game when it was new in the summer of 2003, I played for the first three months. I didn't like the looks of the core expansion- nor the fact that it was being released so soon after the first game. On top of that- my computer wasn't amazing back then and there were still lag issues.

Anyway- so after a little work I was able to log into station and sure enough I still have an account (I think). I thought I might have been eligible for a free 10-30 days, but this doesn't appear to be true.

I am interested in playing again, especially since my computer should max it out- but also for the nostalgia and great battles. I was a little surprised that as old as this game is the subscription costs haven't gone down.

So with the server mergers, is the game alive at all? Like the good old days with massive battles? I also saw the hints at a Planetside 2 and that makes me pretty excited.

So are there any deals for starting up old accounts- anything special at all? I think I read someone else got some kind of 4 or 5 year "achievement" of service for logging in an old account.

I'm going to put it to you bluntly. PlanetSide is not the game it was in '03 and '04. Neither the scale nor organization of the battles is the same, but rather a dumbed down version of it.

People still play and there are still few outfits left, but nothing like what you remember.

To answer your question about being able to try the game, I'm not sure if there is time or something. You might try asking SOE or searching the forums for links regarding inviting friends back to the game with free time.

You can also make a trial account. Just make a new SOE Station account and log into PlanetSide. You'll get a 7 Days Free Option when it tells you that you aren't subbed.

Thanks, and maybe I'll see you on the battlefield.