PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Endboss vs competitive combat"
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
The noob
Corporal

Re: "Endboss vs competitive combat"

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Well SOE's faults have always been in their management. That was defiantly one of the problem with core combat, adding more zones in a game with decreasing populations, it doesn't work.

I'm glad that they have got rid of the flail, one of the faults many games make is been able to be killed by somebody you're not engaged with, or can even see., while i might be playing as a light assault I cant kill a tank, but i can see him and i can take measure's to avoid him. It is a problem i forsee with stealth snipers, not been able to see your enemy and he can shoot you, perhaps 1 shot you? i leads to problems, if people feel they could not avoid a death, they feel cheated by it and will certainly be a cause to rage quit the game.
Snipers need a minimum of 2 shots to kill you if you have shields up, and they lose the cloak when they attack. It should also bear mentioning, that in TB's night ops video, if you look at the scene where he is cloaked as a sniper, there is a bar that counts down as soon as he cloaks, so infiltrators may no longer be permeneatly cloaked like they were in the original. This may only apply to snipers, or it may even apply to close quaters infils.

Last edited by The noob; 2012-05-28 at 06:17 AM.