PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sunderer
Thread: Sunderer
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Sunderer

Originally Posted by aleksandrgrc View Post
i liked the video with total halibut when three sunderers blew by him in that one small base that was pretty intimidating to think him and his squad being pushed indoors simply by the space those rhinos take up then pinned inside with 6 turrets possibly grenade launchers and having up to 30 guys take the territory without giving the defenders a fair fight from square one. i think in smaller battles these will pin troops and allow their own infantry to seize advantage upon arrival. also of note was that one of them in the video was on fire and eventually blew up, but it made it to target while the other two seemed undamaged. in larger battles left behind to target aircraft or used to suicide up close to the base. i figure galaxies will be more usefull in the larger battles and overkill in smaller. but what the hell do i know. will there be such things as smaller battles lol? also i dont see the sunder doing much in defensive rolls. other than just sitting their maybe shooting aircraft if its covered well.

i can also see some players using it as a replacement for biggies for the time being if they can get one to move and turn well enough.

You mentioned the sunderer as part of a defense. I really dont see the sundy being very capable in support of a base defense. Beta will tell but being part of a static defense kind of cripples all the best things a sunderer can do.