PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Oracle of Death
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-07, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

I'm glad you brought that up, as it zeroes in on an important point - raw kills as a stat doesn't necessarily account for things like weapon popularity. We can however, since I keep the whole dump, correlate popularity out of the numbers somewhat:

Code:
Striker
2205 unique killers
6641 kills
3.01kpu

Phoenix
908 unique killers
3810 kills
4.20kpu

Lancer
681 unique killers
1757 kills
2.58kpu
What I'm seeing here is that the Stirker's OP perception is equal parts lethality and popularlity, but that if the NC spammed Phoenixes like they did pre-nerf (which they perceive to be worse than it was), we'd be singing a very different tune. Lancers, of course, can't catch a break. If I was a tuner, and this was the only data I could tune on, that would be my input to the balance team. Obviously the story is more complicated than that.

Last hit data has a correlation to alpha capability, or alpha-like burst ability. In that sense, both the Phoenix and the Striker can deliver their full load very quickly, whereas the Lancer has to burn lengthy charge cycles between its full shots, or settle for reduced damage pinging.

Regardless, as long as everyone understands that these are only reflections of truth, and not truth itself, I think we'll be OK.

Originally Posted by Goliith View Post
Oh powerful Oracle, might this peasent be blessed with the knowledge of Harrasser-grade Vulcan Vs. Enforcer Vs. Saron HRB.

For Infantry kills, and for Vehicle kills? (If the data split is possible)
Kills are kills - vehicle destruction does not appear to be tracked separately. But I'll run the numbers.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-07 at 07:19 PM.