PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Oracle of Death
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-13, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by Blahnu View Post
^The PPA is pretty amazing. What's interesting is the how on KPU, MBT-PPA beats MBT-Marauder but Harasser-PPA is outclassed by Harasser-Marauder. Not entirely surprising I guess, but worth noting. I'm curious about how the two weapons compare on the Harasser for experienced players, so I'm eagerly awaiting the 2nd pass on Harasser weapons.
Be careful about comparing numbers across early runs where I didn't explicitly pull timestamps and publish a duration, or published a different duration. KPU scales up over time - more slowly than kills, of course, but enough to eliminate direct comparison with the early stuff.

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
I have to agree with this, actually. While the numbers are novel and interesting, I'd never use them to support anything other than a claim about popularity. Attempting anything else (mostly weapon effectiveness/balance) would be dangerous - there seems to be no rational correlation between the two.
In this interpretation, how would you interpret the Striker? (post #142)

I'd also like to point out that, if we see KPU go up with BR quartile, for what is reasonably interpreted as skill/exp reasons, then we have independent confirmation that kpu reflects the effectiveness of the user/weapon pair. When we take the whole group, we are left with the weapon.

Put simply: if skill has an effect on KPU (it seems to), it reasonably follows that weapon effectiveness does as well, independent of the popularity of the weapon.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-13 at 11:23 AM.