PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #320
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?

Originally Posted by HitbackTR View Post
The flavour of the month argument seems to be "yes BFR's in PS1 were implemented poorly so PS2 is a chance to correctly implement them" doesn't wash with me and your logic/argument/whatever is flawed if you try and see otherwise. thankfully PS2 devs concur with this, the question is whether they will essentially permanently 'honor' their decision to not have BFR's in PS2.
There is a flip side to that coin though. Just because something was flawed in PS1 doesn't preclude its failure in PS2. Blindly saying that mechs in any form are impossible for Planetside is pretty short sighted.

Also, I think you are mistaken that the "devs concur" with you. T-Ray, for example, has said from the beginning that BFR's have a chance someday, that with the lessons learned they can be done right. It's not fair to put words in the devs mouths and hold them to some promise they never made. They have said that BFRs won't be in at launch, not that they will NEVER be in the game. Just like Hamma's boy toy Justin Bieber says, "never say never".