PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Driver/Gunners... NO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
CCP also made a game to cater to a small community and it's subscription base has been growing steadily for the last 10 years. I think they're over 400,000 active subs by now.
That was the example I was thinking of while writing. And LOTS of people hate Eve because it's so hardass about losing your gear in a world where most people are used to respawning and taking off at a full run again.

It all boils down to what the devs are after and how they view life, in a way. Are the making games cause they hope to "make it big" and each have a Ferrarri and a beach house, or are they making games because they love games and want to make something they can be proud of? I realise the devs need to make a profit, and they have to make concessions in order to make a living.

By all means, I support this. I intend to subcribe to PS2 for the sake of supporting it long term, if nothing else. I like F2P as an option, but if everybody does that, no more games. They NEED money, and I WANT them to have money. But Higby doesn't need a Porsche. Know what I mean?

It's like the difference between having a wife and having a prostitute. And too many people take the prostitute route.

This is all OffTopic, to an extent though. We're talking about tanks, not Higby's delusions of convertibles

Last edited by vVRedOctoberVv; 2012-07-10 at 03:57 PM.