PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Community Night April 2012 Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Re: Community Night April 2012 Recording

Very professional and great to listen into - I do very much enjoy listening to the AGN recordings each month.

Bit of feedback in responses to discussions in this AGN:

1) New Website design - I quite like it and is definitely more 21st century, however, things I dislike are:

- Size of scrolling images at top (as others mentioned)
- News threads - not enough of them on the main page (imho) without clicking 'more'
- Forum links - I used to like on the old 'xx comments' link that take you to direct forum post linked at the bottom of each the news article. I dislike now having to click "Read More" and then only seeing a preview of the latest posts and having to click the comments link again to get to the forum post; the old system was better imho.

2) Drivers and Gunners - I think I saw rumours of the Devs looking into something like this already but my view would be to keep the Drivers as Gunners system they are looking to put in but also have an array of "Heavy Primary guns" that would require a dedicated gunner to operate and not available for use by the driver. Therefore soloer's would enjoy themselves with a decent tank and larger numbers of tanks in this configuration whilst organised team players using the dedicated old-school driver / gunner combos would enjoy much better damage potential.

3) Win conditions / resets - fully agree with you guys but also sparked an idea I wanted to share called the "Space Race" which I've posted a thread on in the ideas sub-forum here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=40539

2) Drivers and Gunners - I think I saw rumours of the Devs looking at this but my view would be to keep the Drivers as Gunners and have an array of "Heavy Primary guns" that would require a dedicated gunner to operate. Therefore soloer's would enjoy themselves whilst team players dedicated to old-school driver / gunner combos would enjoy much better damage potential.

3) Win conditions / resets - fully agree with you guys but also sparked an idea I wanted to share called the "Space Race" which I've posted a thread on in the ideas sub-forum here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=40539