PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: World Domination Preseason 2
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-08, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Wargrim
Sergeant

Re: World Domination Preseason 2

I logged out in disgust yesterday.

The combination of WDS leading to a situation where NOONE wants to be in a losing fight, and goes for the easyest defense/cap possible, and the Galaxy changes that mean that fights are all about who can spam the biggest air fleet and/or create the strongest AA placement in a give area combined... make for no fun at all.

Under popped factions on a continent can not do anything anymore, and are likely to have a massive doomfleet of hostile ESF, Libs and Gals circling around their warpgate, jumping on every outpost the underpop faction might try to get to.

Currently, the only way to deny such an air ball the free cap/defense points is to NOT flip a control point, so there can be no "defense" scoring. ( Or to bring the bigger air zerg, but that wont happen, because your faction is doing the same on a different continent. )

You win by NOT playing the game. You win by avoiding fighting. Win is defined by getting free personal unlocks. Noone gives a shit for empire score.

I am amazed by SOE`s ability to break the game on every level possible, be it client stability, server stability, general bugs, weapon ballance, battle flow, incentives and rewards for certain behaviours and the overall dynamics resulting from all of this.

Did they seriously not see players going after the easyest way to farm rewards? When for more than one year, players have been going for the easyest way to farm Certs, because certs are what gets you stuff? And now there is a way to get stuff that you can not get from certs?

I really hope we will not have to go through this for several weeks.