PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
PS2 is now about attack... attack... attack as thats where the certs are and thats what people want.

I really don't understand why XP for defending a base was removed. Sure, you can add XP bonuses to tasks like repairing, killing, farming attackers, etc... but there was something psychological about seeing that XP pop up when a base was resecured.

I have a feeling even though you probably get around the same (if not sometimes more) XP now then you did before, it still affects people's mentality that there is no "Ding +XXXXP Base Resecured" pop up and thus people tend to not bother.

Its not all about the maths, its also perception.
I agree, but I have a feeling it was changed for the same reason a lot of other things were... to prevent people from AFKing and gaining certs/auraxium. I could see people just going to a tech plant or bio lab and AFKing in the spawn room waiting on defense ticks. They do need to make the 15% defense increase more visible so that people know actively doing things does give you a benefit while defending.