PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Community Night with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Tool View Post
While that is a fair concern, I feel that unless the player has to manage their resource gain and consumption, the concept of resources will turn into a cheap gimmick after a short while.

Not necessarily strategy game level of management but something to keep certain items, esp powerful or great utility items, from flooding the battlefield. Keep the players interested in the resource aspect for both themselves and empire.
that´s a point.
but my fear is, that the mindless zerg will not have to think about ressources to do what zerg does, but the strategic players will be limited. resulting in even more mindless zerglings because zerging gives ressources, while strategic gameplay eats up ressources.

think of dedicated supporters. if mines, shieldwalls, tanktraps and turrets consume ressources, it will be a lot harder to get someone fortifying a base.

if you buy a grenade for ressources, that´s ok because you are going to use it in combat when you need it. ce stuff has to be laid out in masses to be effective and is often laid out in vain.
do you want to donate all your ressources to put up a minefield "just in case"?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!