Thread: News: SOE - Prosiebensat FAQ
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: SOE - Prosiebensat FAQ

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
The company responsible for Sat1 and it's TV program can't be blamed enough. But more than them, I blame the people who actually watch it.
Need to relax a little on this front. Corporations are NOT just one person and shouldn't be addressed as such, they're made up of many individuals all with conflicting views, opinions and motives.

While the guys responsible for this might be at the very top they're not going to be the people making the operations level decisions, they will employ those with experience in the field to manage the gaming side of the company as opposed to attempting to throw their experience at it, they're business people, they want to make money, failure means not making money, this is enough to at least give the new branch of the company a chance to prove itself.

It's like this, you don't treat Microsoft and the xbox live teams as the same company as a whole, it's the same deal. While the overruling brand that governs them is the same divisions of companies are often vastly different in mindsets and approaches. It's a new branch for the company and they're going to want to do their best, at least in their settling period. Until we know whether they're going to go down the path of EA or Valve it is unfair to label them the devil. Being demonised and slagged off from the get go is a VERY quick way to demoralise a team and make them hate the people they do their job for though.

I for one support them, wholeheartedly, until they prove they don't deserve that support.

Time will tell.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com