PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Original AGN Radio Dramas
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: Original AGN Radio Dramas

Way back in the beginning when I became a member of the CDL, I offered to take these broadcasts and turn them into a cinematic experience, similar to a motion comic. Of course, since MMOs are largely unsuitable for this, the plan was to use another engine to perform the work. This project was never implemented due to a lack of interest but, with the ongoing development of PlanetSide 2, I'd like to know what the community and the developers would think about this idea...

My current plan would for it to be built in CryEngine 3 (Crysis 2 Sandbox), through the use of a Non-Disclosure Agreeement in co-operation with SOE to recruit a team of artists, and use unreleased concept art from the sequel to create the 3D assets so it ties in with PS2's more compatible backstory.

I'd really love to do this project and, if it were successful, it's possible some creativity could later appear in the MMO as future expansions to the gameplay experience. SOE Devs (preferably Higby or T-Ray) can reach me through PSU's private messaging, where I will provide a proper contact method to begin negotiations.